Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Cobra Collectables

i got this...

i found this magazine ad at the Auto Rama one year and just had to have it....it showcases a 427 street car...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I notice they had the mandatory gas pump also.

Ron :crazy

yeeep....it passes everything but a gas station.....

Bob,

When I drive the 69 Cobra far enough that I have to get gas at a station I fill up at the first pump and the top it off again at the last pump as I am leaving. I think it should have came with its own gas pump..

Ron

sssooo.....the next time a gas tank truck gets hijacked it might be at Rons place....

Rodney and I are planning some kind of pilgrimage to Darren's place in the next month or so. It's about 75-80 miles from our North OC location. I (half-jokingly) told him, "If the weather is good, I'll drive. Just not sure if we can make it there non-stop on one tank." :crazy

Seriously, the problem has to do with running a mechanical secondary carb. At certain rpms, the throttle angle starts to cause the secondaries to bleed fuel (whether the engine really needs it or not). I probably get 8-10mpg considering the way I drive this creature.

Sorry to stray from topic. We now resume our regularly scheduled programming...
    Last edited by RedBarchetta; 12-20-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Anyone here collect Cobra related books and magazines? There once was a great website listing 100's of books and magazines. Long gone now.

I have a few cobra books, nothing special. I do have over 100 different cobra hot wheels. A few are very rare and hard to get. I have been collecting for about five years, but since my wife arranged a cobra intervention, I'm low profile.

I have a few books, maybe 10/15 and some are pretty rare. I have probably over 100 die cast models of Cobras and Daytona Coupes some of which are worth a lot now. I have a die cast of the first 260 Cobra and it has the spare in the trunk and you can even remove the wheels and put the spare on. I also collected all 6 of the Daytona Coupes which took over a year as Exoto only had one made every 3 months. For collecting all 6 I received free a polished stainless steel one which one guy offered me $500 for a year or so ago. I have boxes of regular die casts in the garage attic and in my closets as I must have over 450 of them and no space to display any but the best. Some are special edition NASCAR cars such as the one Dale Earnheart wrecked at Talladega and it is correct right down to the crumpled fenders and such. I think they only made 100 of them and I knew a young guy who worked for a Chevy Dealership that could get three of them so he got me one and his Father one and he kept one.

Ron

Banned
    I have the only original Contemporary replica like mine.

Not unless you post a picture to prove it. Must show motor with hand printed valve covers and inside trunk and interior. Also certificate of authentication to prove that is it the only original.Should say 1 of 1 on certificate. Also DMV and Calif Collectors certifications would help.

Ron

Artwork inspired by Carol Connors, the singer of ”Hey Little Cobra”

http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2012/04...ra/#more-93404
    "Q" from Sunny South Africa. Click pic to view my albums.

Found on the magazine shelf this month.

Q,

Those are some classic magazines. Keep them like new and some day they will be worth a lot more than they cost now.

Ron

Ron, I have put together a pretty good bibliography of Cobra-related books which I'd be pleased to share with everyone. Is it possible to upload/attach a PDF to one of my posts? How?
    "Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
    and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot."
    - George Carlin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDude View Post
    Ron, I have put together a pretty good bibliography of Cobra-related books which I'd be pleased to share with everyone. Is it possible to upload/attach a PDF to one of my posts? How?
    How about an email sign up sheet and you could send it to everyone? Or you could attach it as another page to this web site?

Brian,

I am not sure about that. I know that you can put it in a picture storage place and then link it to here but I will have to go into the software and find out if it will take a PDF file as an attachment. Let me do some looking and see what I can find out.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by SunDude View Post

From the world wide web.

Last edited by "Q"; 06-02-2012 at 01:26 AM.

I have never seen one of these Cobra pen holders before. Got it as a gift from my ex-brother in law.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

That is pretty nice Bill. I haven't seen one either.

Ron