Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip To Shasta Dam Videos

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

Trip To Shasta Dam Videos

OK, my first try at a video while driving the Coupe. Two people in front of me seemed to think it was to fast to take any of the curves at over 20 MPH. I also took it out and got on it a little for the first time. Just over 100 MPH in 4th and still pulling good. Hit 120 in 5th and still pulling.

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 12-18-2015 at 01:33 AM.
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    CSX6045 with 468 ci Shelby FE
    Great video. It sounds nice. So where's the video at 120?

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Al,

I had the camera shut off for that. And it was just for a few seconds as I wanted to see if my computer calculations were correct and they were right on the button. The Coupe was very stable at that speed.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Banned
    Cobra/Engine
    Contemporary 428
    Ron I can't describe how happy I am to see you finally out driving the car. After all the obstacles we have gone through to get it running and back to you this puts a huge smile in my heart! I am so happy to see you finally enjoying the car! Wait until you get the chance to really wind it out. Your going to find that it will wind right through the rpm ranges faster than you can shift it. I know for a fact it will do a 0-100-0 in only a couple hundred yards and you only need 3 gears to do it. Enjoy my friend.:0^Rbun out

Cobra/Engine
    John,

Thanks for all you did and I really enjoy driving the car. This weather we have been having has driven me crazy. Today is overcast but if the wind doesn't come up I will take the 69 out and drive it as it hasn't been driven in over 3 months. Per our forecast we are to have rain starting this evening and lasting through Monday at least, but they said spotty so we may not get a drop here. My makeshift camera mount seemed to work pretty well. I posted a picture of it and some of the Coupe in the Photo Forum in a thread titled Miscellaneous Pictures.

The Coupe was very stable at the 120 mark but I only stayed there for a few seconds. I want to find a good deserted place one of these days and wind it out and see what it will reach. Per my calculations and the way it felt at 120, it should reach 130/140 and maybe a little higher if I had enough room. Also after setting all this time, it really wasn't hard to start. I had to try it about 5 times before it caught, but after that when I would stop it just fired right up. And as I get more time in it I will learn what to do and what works best. You did a fantastic job on it and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Building FFR Mk 4 Roadster with 347
    Ron,

You have obviously mastered the art of getting taking, editing and posting the video. Thanks so much for sharing with us ... now we need a big favor.

Can you post how you did it in a series of posts from camera setup to loading on You Tube?

Carl
    From the Olde Goat Garage

Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon

Click this link to see my albums (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/album.php?u=1201)

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    The Coupe worked, the GoPro worked and the mount worked. So did the old guy behind the wheel.9#* A very good day. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    Carl,

It took over 8 hours to post that video. I am trying to find a compression program like many use, but every place I go to they either want to add a lot of junk or my virus program blocks it as full of Trojans and such.

Actually once I called and found out that the update process for the camera was the wrong one and the woman talked me through it, everything went fast after that. I spent weeks trying to figure out why the menus on my camera didn't match the ones in the User Manual that I downloaded and all the camera needed was to be updated.

As for camera set up I just used the Video mode and the default settings. then once I was ready to stop recording I just pushed the button on top to stop the camera. When I got home I just downloaded the video into my computer and as I have no editing program at this time I had to upload it full size.

To upload to You Tube you just have to open an account which is free. Then when you sign in you will see an UPLOAD button on the top right side I think it is. Click that and it will take you to whatever folder you have set as your default one on your computer. Select the file or files that you want to upload and highlight them and then click upload I believe it is. Then if you don't have a compression program or super high speed Internet Connection find something to do for several hours. I see some people posted that it took them up to 14 hours to load some of their longer videos.

I wanted to get that Hand Brake program that does great compression but every place I go it is full of Trojans or wants to load a dozen different things onto my computer.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Banned
    Cobra/Engine
    Contemporary 428
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    John, I had to try it about 5 times before it caught, but after that when I would stop it just fired right up. And as I get more time in it I will learn what to do and what works best. You did a fantastic job on it and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Ron
    Something just popped into my addled brain. When I was setting up the static fuel pressure, the fuel pump relay cuts off after only a second or 2 at key on position. It took several times of off and on to get a stabilized pressure. So,,, WHAT IF,, the fuel pump check valve has a minor leak back? I know with the geometry of the fuel lines, that they both run uphill a bit from the tank and then are up and down along the length of the car. The return line is not a submerged line so it is possible that the fuel rails are getting air back into them from the return side. Try and do a key on , no start 4-5 times on the next cold start to bring the fuel pressure up solidly. Try that and see what it does.

Cobra/Engine
    OK, I will try that. I just figured it was from setting so long and not being ran. The fuel pump ran the normal time and stopped as if the fuel rails were full.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Made my morning!
    Sounds great, pulls nicely, and what a beautiful day for the cruise!
    I notice that its not too far to the Dam from your house.
    I noted that when you booted it a bit coming off the Stop sign, that you must know the road and the curves really well!
    No doubt from cruising in your '69!
    While watching it, I was thinking "boy, Redmt sure has provided a wonderful experience for you to enjoy"!
    Anyway, happy motoring..................
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    Thanks Nomad,

The dam is about 7 miles from my house. I know that road well as I used it to set up my other Cobra that I raced. And when I was a lot younger and stupid and before they had any traffic at night there, we used to race from the stop sign to the dam. I was going to take to take the 69 out today but it has turned cold and there is a wet feeling in the air almost like a mist.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Building FFR Mk 4 Roadster with 347
    Ron,

Thanks for the information including the heads up on the viruses, etc.

Are using DSL, cable or some other route to You Tube and how big a file was it?

Thanks,

Carl
    From the Olde Goat Garage

Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon

Click this link to see my albums (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/album.php?u=1201)

Cobra/Engine
    Carl,

I have DSL. This file was 2.16 GB. Cable is far faster but the cable here is really unreliable and they can't even keep the televisions working. I was going to switch to that but just don't want to pay for something that I will be cut off and dumped every little bit. There is a program that I got and have played with which will make the files smaller and not hurt the video quality and it was free. It is called Hand Brake, but if you get it be careful where you download it from. I got an older version as I wanted to use it on my XP computer but they have a new version out that is for Vista and up. Just be sure that you specify whether you want the 32 or 64 bit version. I played with this file that I uploaded and got it down to 1.23 GB without any noticeable loss of quality. And as I said, some of those guys take 10 hours or more to get their videos uploaded. They just start them in the evening and let them run all night.

I don't know if you saw that video I posted in the Lounge in a thread For Carl or not. It shows you how to upload and you can also find tutorials on how to edit and change files.

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 01-15-2015 at 11:57 AM.
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Hurricane HM 2006 / FE & Toploader
    I'm with John and the rest of the gang here. That was awesome to see you out driving the coupe and it make me feel good too.

Mark

Ps. turn that camera toward the drivers seat some so we can see the ear to ear smile that must be plastered on your face.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Well that's 10+ minutes of my life I won't get back.

Just kidding Ron. I loved every second of it.

Glad to see you out there enjoying the car and sharing the experience with us.

Cobra/Engine
    Thanks guys,

when the weather gets better I will be using the Camera in both cars. I wanted to change my ISP to the cable company so I could upload the videos much faster but everyone around here that has their TV is complaining that the service just comes and goes. My friends wife goes to church with one of their top managers and she sent him an email and he told her that they had major problems so I am not going to pay that price for a service that may or may not work and I sure don't want to get dumped off the Internet every so often.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    408w
    Great vid Ron real good to see you driving you beast. Now...there are still rooms available at TCC....bring her down to TX.
    Charles

Cobra/Engine
    Charles,

With a 12 gallon fuel cell. I would be stopping for gas every 100 miles. If I had a way to haul it I would seriously think about coming down there and then going back through Arkansas to visit my cousin and see my old Cobra.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    408w
    Ron,
    I do not have a trailer but U-Haul dose ....something like $56 a day...come down!!!! I will take you to Lockhart for dinner and buy what ever BBQ you would like to eat. Tell your cuzzz to come to TCC also...we always have a group of cobras for ARK. at TCC.
    Charles