Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip To Shasta Dam Videos

Cobra/Engine
    FFR Mk 3.1 complete kit, many modifications. boss 427w, weber 48 IDA's
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Bill, No, I have had those on there since I got the car.
    Ron, I'm sure you have answered this somewhere along the way, but are you the original owner?
    FFR 7123. Tilt front, BOSS 427w, Webers, 5 link, PS

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Dallas,

Yes, the car was special ordered for me back in late December of 1968. The Ford dealer here then was a good friend and he told me about them and that he could get one if I wanted it. I was home for a short time between trips across the country and I told him to go ahead and order it. Total cost back then was just over $4,200 dollars and I still have the original, order form. Not many options, just gear ratio and AM radio which was a waste of money.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    FFR Mk 3.1 complete kit, many modifications. boss 427w, weber 48 IDA's
    Sweet!

I'm no expert in these things, but your car may actually be worth more now than what you purchased it for.

Put me on the list of interested parties if you ever decide to sell.
    FFR 7123. Tilt front, BOSS 427w, Webers, 5 link, PS

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    9#* 9#*

Dallas,

You will be about number 18 on the list behind some doctors, and other people that have been wanting me to sell it to them.

One thing that I never mentioned was the wheel covers. Those things weigh about 10 pounds each. They have 8 small screws inside them that you take out to remove the mag looking part so you can clean the back plate. Everyone kept commenting that they had never seen any like them and couldn't find any at any Ford dealer so I got hold of the Ford dealer in Dunigan and asked him if they could get them as I would like to have a spare set. He looked and couldn't find anything like them in the book and they don't have any number on them, just Ford stamped into the center part. He said he would keep looking and call me back. Three days later he called and asked me if I wanted to sell those wheel covers. I told him no, I was trying to find more of them. He had gone all the way to the Special Vehicles Section of Ford back in Dearborn and they told him they had been looking for those wheel covers since 1969. They were made to go on a prototype car for a Sema show back then and somehow wound up on my Cobra. So I can't get new ones as they just made the one set and Ford can't get them back.

Ron ^$d
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    This cracked me up Ron77.

"Three days later he called and asked me if I wanted to sell those wheel covers. I told him no, I was trying to find more of them"
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Thinking of stealing some hubcaps to supplement your retirement Nomad?

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Thinking of stealing some hubcaps to supplement your retirement Nomad?
    Umm................. no!

Word is Ron77 is well armed.

And oh yeah,

did I mention he is a good shot?
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    I know.

I will distract him and...................

Wait. That's not a good idea, at least for me.

Cobra/Engine
    FFR 427 S/C Roadster, 302 Ford
    And here's that car from SEMA 1969, missing the wheel covers..

Fast at any speed-Cobra

Cobra/Engine
    Good one Bill. ==)9#*

Cobra/Engine
    if I could - 289 FIA style
    Ron

I just watched the video, full screen, and the ride-along was a treat. Beautiful car, and it sounds gooooood! I like the turn signal indicators on the hood scoop. Never seen that before.

Great story on the wheel covers too.

What do you do to keep those tires in good shape all these years?

Brian
    Youth is wasted on the young

Cobra/Engine
    Brian,

Thanks for the compliment on the car. The turn signals in the back of the hood scoop was just on Cobras and it came standard. Some people with GTs like the one Bill posted a picture of above had the holes cut and put them in, but not many. I have treated the tires with Armorall and 303 tire dressing all these years. The white lettering is getting bad and nothing that I have found will bring back the bright whiteness to that.

If you want to watch the one with the Coupe in full screen just go to You Tube and type my name in the search bar and it will bring up both of them near the top of the list of other videos that come up. So far no wind this morning and if it stays that way and isn't bad, I am going to try and take the Coupe out for a longer drive just to see what kind of mileage I can get on it. I probably won't make a video of that as it will just be going down the freeway.

Here is the link for the Coupe drive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfDw9wLWM4o

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 01-22-2015 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Add Link
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Another short video as I drove over to Keswick Dam today. A perfect day as the temperature is 77 and no wind. I will post the link also in case anyone wants to watch it full screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FuM...ature=youtu.be

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Banned
    Cobra/Engine
    Contemporary 428
    Almost makes me wish I had it back here. Almost but not quite!

Hi Ron,

They both sound great and good for you to be enjoying the country side around Shasta.

As for lists I hope I am still at the top for the Coupe.

Tony R.

Banned
    Cobra/Engine
    Contemporary 428
    T,
    I doubt your in his will. He isn't ever going to sell it.

Cobra/Engine
    I had started another video before that one but it got messed up by some guy in a pickup. He kept waving and yelling so I stopped and he came running up and wanted to know if he could take some pictures of the car. Tony probably knows where Keswick is as it is just about 12 miles from my house and below Shasta Dam. And an off road 4 wheeler would be more at home on that road than a car. That was why I took it so slow. Also I was fighting the sun as it was either right in my face or to the side just a little most of the time.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Hi Ron,

Absolutely know where Keswick is.....surprised you took that road, it is somewhat of a goat path.

TR

Cobra/Engine
    Tony,

I wasn't going to take that road but there isn't hardly any traffic on it for obvious reasons if anyone has ever driven it and I knew I wouldn't be flagged down again for a picture taking episode. I really enjoy it most of the time but when I am trying to do something it can be a bit of a bother. But the guy in the pickup was so excited it was worth messing up the video for.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance / 427 SO
    Hi Ron,

Great to see you getting those cars out and enjoying them. I haven't forgotten about getting up to meet you and see your hot rods, just seems like either life or the weather keeps interrupting my plans for that trip out to the coast, but I'm confident it will happen pretty soon.

Ted
    Some people raise the IQ in the room when they enter.......others when they leave