Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Pictures

Cobra/Engine
    KMP Flip-Top/Cammer - 2015 Z07 Vette - 2016 Porsche GT4 & 911 Turbo S - KMP BRONZE 289 SOLD
    Hi Gary, thanks for the complement. The other sites became brutal for those new to the hobby. I started this forum to have a cool place for me and my cobra buddies to hang out. It appears that I wasn't alone. I will try my best to keep this site fun and exciting. No bashing here, especially with the new guys.... We need to rebuild this niche group one cobra lover at a time. Spread the word... Darren

Cobra/Engine
    SPF #719. 396ci Stroker Windsor.

Just love being "Stroked and Blown"

Oh geez. Why did I have to be the first one to post a Chevy engine? Hey guys, I've got no gripes with Ford engines, it's just what I've got at the moment and it is quite a lot of fun.

Stroked and Blown 383ci Chevy.jpg

WOW......those are some fine looking engines......makes me want to keep my hood shut and locked...

Se there....you guys are the reason i keep my hood shut and locked......
    one of these days i to will be able to buy some chrome goodies.....

The green cobra with the cammer. I've seen that photo on the other web site. So tell us Darren, was that particular car an influence to you for going with a cammer in your flip-top? The reason why I ask this is (1) cammers in Cobras are exceedingly rare and (2) that particular motor is not typically associated with the Cobra marque. Just curious!
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Cobra/Engine
    KMP Flip-Top/Cammer - 2015 Z07 Vette - 2016 Porsche GT4 & 911 Turbo S - KMP BRONZE 289 SOLD
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
    The green cobra with the cammer. I've seen that photo on the other web site. So tell us Darren, was that particular car an influence to you for going with a cammer in your flip-top? The reason why I ask this is (1) cammers in Cobras are exceedingly rare and (2) that particular motor is not typically associated with the Cobra marque. Just curious!
    I always wanted a Cammer. Once I found out that Keith was able to pull it off I ordered one. From there, I decided to go for it and order the fuel injection. As you probably know, I built a flip-top out of a West Coast Cobra. I traveled through several states showing it and received such a powerful response I decided to build another kirkham with both main features. The Kirkham flip-top will be rare and with the Cammer.... one of a kind. I plan to drive it across the USA with David when it’s done. Hopefully this year. Darren

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    RacerX,

Are those webbers or a fuel injection set up? If fuel injection, what make and are they on a small block?

Thanks,

Ron

Cobra/Engine

Just love it being "Stroked and Blown".

Oh geez. Why did I have to be the first one to post a Chevy mill? Guys, I'm not biased, love both Ford and Chevy engines so please don't come down on me like a "pile of bricks". My current Cobra just happens to have a 383 stroker with a small 250 Holley/Weiand supercharger on it. It's fun, so for now it stays.

Stroked and Blown 383ci Chevy.jpg

Cobra/Engine

I just love it being Stroked and Blown...

Oh geez... Why did I have to be the first one to post a Chevy engine? Hey guys, I love both the Ford and Chevy mills! It just happened that my current Cobra runs a 383 Chevy stroker motor with a little Holley 250 supercharger bolted to it. I'm really enjoying the package at the moment and don't really want to change it. Forgive me this one?
    Last edited by "Q"; 04-28-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Playing with picture settings

Q runs a blower. Cool.
    -Dean

Cobra/Engine
    Shafiroff 427
    Since Q broke the ice with the sbc. Nothing special, 383 stroker, 10.27 cp, only 320 hp @ 4050, 516 lb/ft @ 2800, TKO 600 0.64.

Bob
    Shafiroff 427

Some people will get all sacrilege about not having Ford power in a Cobra. Whatever....horsepower is horsepower, no matter which end of the engine the distributor is on. When I first got into this end of the hobby I too was considering SBC powered cars, only because that is what I was teethed on and most familiar with. Once I realized that resale value was considerably better with the Ford powerplants, I went with the flow and taught myself how to work/tune on Fords. They all go fast, which is what's important.
    -Dean

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    There is nothing wrong with putting a Chevy engine in a Cobra. GM was the first engines that Shelby wanted but it never worked out. Also the 3 Corvettes he got to start with before he ever dreamed about the Cobra were what stopped him from using Chevy power. And if you look at the Australian Cobra Site, they nearly all have Chev power. The Chevy engines are much easier to get over there as is parts. And as for the horse power, all of these cars are over powered including the one that I had. The originals that the Shelby team raced only put out 390 horse. I have a friend who had a small block Ford in his and it put out about 425 horse and was just as quick on the road track as my 500+ horse Cobra was. All the power and torque are really good for is drag racing or top end speed as not many road tracks have long enough straights that you can use it.

Ron

Cobra/Engine
    Keith Craft 496 FE

Here are a few from current and past Cobras etc.

Last edited by Cobra496; 04-29-2011 at 05:01 PM.
    Gary :cool:

Cobra/Engine

Some more Chevy Engines

A "Blinged" out engine and one with "bull Horns" and then something totally different...

Last edited by "Q"; 03-04-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Cobra/Engine

Survived posting Chevy engines, now let's try...

The Cobra below has had two power-plants in it's life.

The first being a...

The second engine- a bigger version of the first.

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance/460
    Need to get better gas mileage, my next motor

datsun2.jpg
    - Mel

Backdraft Cobra with 347

Backdraft Cobra with 347
    Attached Images

Cobra/Engine

More engines

Maybe not one of the shiniest engines, but boy does this thing go.

Last edited by "Q"; 03-04-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Cobra/Engine

Another bling engine

Cobra 496.
    You've had some awsome hardware in your cars. If I knew how, I would post a "Thumbs Up" icon just here.

Air filter clearance problems- here might be the answer.

Last edited by "Q"; 03-04-2012 at 11:33 AM.