Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Texas Cobra Club Sprimg meet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    Charles I'm curious what size of U-Haul trailer do you rent?
    I rent a U-hal car hauler (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...es&FORM=RESTAB) I don't know of any different sizes.....they all look the same.
    Now I do have to put a 2x4 under the ramps as I load the cobra or the rubber exhaust hager will grab the top of ramp as car rolls on to trailer.
    Charles

Mark,
    Ask Sawdust he attends the track day. E-mailKen Walker www.texascobrameet.com

Charles
    Last edited by charles roybal; 11-15-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Mark,
    CORRECTION !!!!!
    It's Dallas that participates in the track event at TCC not Sawdust...sorry Sawdust.
    Charles

Charles
    Thanks for the info. I'm a newbie at this I have never trailered mine anywhere. I sent you a pm, you can disregard.

Stu.

Stu,
    Just remembered do not put your car cover on your Cobra when you pull it on an open trailer.
    Charles

That would be catastrophic.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Ok ...I want to entice more of you to attend TCC this coming spring. Sam Marcos is very close to Lockhart the Texas capital of BBQ. Read this link: http://austin.eater.com/2016/6/16/11...e-where-to-eat
    Charles

Charles, those look like great places to eat. I would easily gain 20 pounds after a day there.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Damn that looks good. All of it.

In fact after reading it I went to the freezer and took out a 3 pound hunk of brisket I had left from the last smoker session. Going to have smoked brisket sandwiches for dinner tonight.

Update:
    110 attendees & guests.
    62 cars registered
    118 days to event
    Charles
    Last edited by charles roybal; 12-08-2016 at 02:27 AM.

Update:
    83 cars
    147 drives / attendees
    Charles

Charles,

It looks as if you are going to have a lot of cars and people there again this year. I hope the weather will co-operate. Out here the last few years we never know what to expect.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Update:
    Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet Update 12.28.16
    As of today (12.28.16) we have:
    89 days to go
    153 Drivers and Guests
    88 Cars Registered
    128 Banquet Meal Tickets Sold
    The Agenda has been updated over the past few days.
    Due to a long-standing scheduled event, Harris Hill Road Raceway is not available on Friday, March 31 or Saturday, April 01. Philipp at HHR has set aside Thursday, March 30 as an “Open” Track day for the TCC member to use. The rates is $150 per half day (noon-5pm). For those of you interested in the track event on Thursday, please send me an email at kenswalker@gmail.com.
    On Thursday evening (weather permitting), we will try to a have MOVIE NIGHT in the parking lot. Not sure of any other details for that evening, yet. Of course it will be BYOC and BYOB (bring you own chair and bring your own beverage).
    More event details to come.
    Ken

Good post Charles. I really enjoyed it. Thanks.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Update:
    Here are the latest numbers for the upcoming 2107 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet:
    • 70 days to go
    • 168 Drivers and Guests
    • 97 Cars registered
    • 137 Banquet tickets sold

The Embassy Suites hotel still has a few rooms left from our room block.
    • Thursday, March 30 6 rooms
    • Friday, March 31 4 rooms
    • Saturday, April 01 5 rooms

Go to www.texascobrameet.com to register and see the agenda.

Deadline for using our room block is March 04th. Any rooms not reserved by that date will be forfeited and will go into the general inventory at the hotel and the new rate will be $239! If you have a room reservation and have not yet registered for the event, please, do so as soon as possible.

Deadline for buying tickets/meals for the Saturday Night Banquet is Sunday, March 26th. I have to turn in a headcount on Monday the 27th. No Banquet tickets will be sold on-site. All meal tickets for the banquet must be paid for online. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you do not purchase a meal for the banquet you are still invited to come and enjoy the presentation, buy raffle tickets, and bid in the silent auction.

We will try something new for Thursday evening (weather permitting). We will have a screen setup in the parking lot and will be showing a full-length feature movie. Bring your lawn chairs and favorite beverage. Not sure if we will have any food out for Thursday or not. Movie should start around 8pm.

Harris Hill Raceway is holding a non-member open track day on Thursday, March 30. Please email me at kenswalker@gmail.com if you are interested in participating in the track event. This event is separate from the TCC Spring Meet. I will post up the fees and safety information in a separate posting.

As in the past due to the size of our crowd, we cannot reserve any additional parking lot space. It will be first-come, first served with trailer parking. If you show up Thursday evening or Friday, there is a good chance you will need to park on the north side of the parking lot. PLEASE understand we are given a certain number of parking spaces. We will have a team in the parking lot assisting with parking. If you need take you trailer out of our reserved space for any reason, do not expect your spot to be saved.

Also, we have found it easier, when fewer planned activities are scheduled. Daily cruises are impromptu and sign-up sheets and maps will be at the registration table.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing y’all in a few weeks.

Ken Walker

Update:
    115 cars
    197 drivers/participants
    52 days to event
    Charles

You are getting a good group of entries Charles. How is the weather there?

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Ron, weather in San Marcos will be 70-82* this week with some rain next weekend. The weather during the meet is always good....can change over night. Last year Thursday's cruse was T-shirt weather Friday we needed jackets and pullover caps...but sunny!!! Then back to T - shirt's on Saturday!!
    Charles

Charles,

I wish I could say the same for our weather. It shows rain for the next 6 days and we had a lot of it Friday evening. I am starting to wonder if it will be good weather by April in time for the big car show here. I do remember it raining and snowing in the past when the car show was going on. And I also remember it being 117 degrees, so we never know what it may be like.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS