Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Weber tuning

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    That isn't bad at all Barry and your wife and son did well too. And on top of that you had a lot of fun. Congratulations.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

thanks Ron ! weather and roads were great ! Also the food & drinks
    Rally was approx 400 miles... over the 2 days.
    Last edited by belgiumbarry; 04-15-2018 at 02:49 PM.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Glad to hear you and the family had a good time Norbert.

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Norbert,

Sounds like a good day for all of you.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

oh, i forgot to brag …
    last rally we ended P16 on 64 cars . Best result so far in regularity. Half way we were even P10 …..
    now it's summer stop... to hot in those thin tops .

I subscribed for a 3 days international regularity at Ypres ( 30 november/1,2 december) … that must be THE event.... cannot wait
    Must look for a sponsor..... entry fee was not cheap…..

MC2.jpg

Cobra/Engine
    I will be a sponsor.

Send me your address and I will send you the bunch of Nomad pens that I have.

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    I will be a sponsor.

Send me your address and I will send you the bunch of Nomad pens that I have.
    Silverback, you lying bastard.

You distinctly told me that you didn't receive those pens,

so I've just sent you another pallet of them via UPS.

There is a considerable cost associated to those pens that I so graciously give out.

First of all the initial cost for me to purchase, and then on top of that the cost of having them "treated".

Sheesh.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    Treated?

Hell, everyone that receives them needs to be treated. My vet bills are staggering.

please, no pens. I'm still healthy…. let's keep it that way

7 september we start a 1week rally trip in the Pyrenees ( Border France/Spain ) with 75 Morgans ! Same group we drove Scotland in 2016.
    The 1200 km to there we will do in 3 days , so max 400/450 km a day. Same for return. So a bit our "holiday" this year.
    Now i like to drive in the sun for a day?.. but not 2 weeks so i bought a bimini top , still convertible feel but out of the direct sun on our heads. We had the same on our Mini Moke , the years in South France.
    My friend made it who does that stuff on boats. We have ofcourse the oem closed top for rain? but hope we don't need it !
    Wifey will do the navigation , lucky it's only point/arrow system.

SAM_2533.JPG
    SAM_2534.JPG
    SAM_2537.JPG

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance / 427 SO
    O.K. Barry, you've got way too many cool toys for one guy !
    Nice Morgan. Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy.

Ted
    Some people raise the IQ in the room when they enter.......others when they leave

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Barry,

That really looks nice and should do the job well.Have fun on the trip and good luck.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    This year for Christmas I'm going to send you a couple boxes of termites so they can eat the frame of your Morgan.

Have a great time Norbert and give your lovely bride my love. Oh, that was supposed to be a secret. Sorry.

great Belgium rally driver....who however never got a factory seat. He was not the big talker to get into those circles?..imho

I knew him from '80 to '85 when we also drove rallys , i have seen him win alot, he was faster then us
    but he kept rallying al those years, and is still winning rallys in his "historic" class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbGAxShFNM
    Last edited by belgiumbarry; 08-30-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Cobra/Engine
    He really throws that car around the corners. I wish we had racing like that here.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    As I'm sure you are well aware Norbert, there are literally 1000's of drivers out there that are as good, and in some cases better than the drivers in the professional racing series. Some just are not recognized. Some just don't have the charisma to represent a sponsor.

Hell, do you think any of those good old boys from the 50's through the 70's could have made it in NASCAR in todays world? Hell, look what happened to Dick Trickle after he lit up a cigarette in the car during a yellow flag period. His career was toast after that. At least I think it was Dick.

yes, he can go crazy sideways AND fast….. just talked with him a few weeks ago at a rally. Amazing he kept driving all that time since '85 ... +30 years , were are they gone ? at the time he was my favorite ! ( still is )
    yes Silver , you are right …. sponsors needs drivers with charisma to show off.....

don't know if you understood his Flemish , that Manta 400 weights 1000 kg with 330 HP. I have seen the car many times at Biesheuvel in the showroom . ( rally /race shop who had it for 15 years as decoration ! )

say it ain't true? Friday/saterday there was a rally a few miles from my home.... with a special stage on a industrial area , some kind of circuit race. A car ripped a ( safety ) sand bag open and that race stage was cancelled 2 cars to late.... of which Lietaer !
    One can imagine if you take a corner knowing clear track and there's sand on it....

Till that accident he was in the lead again the Historic Class. Sh*t happens?.

zand.jpg
    zandlietaer.jpg

Cobra/Engine
    Well he dented the car pretty badly. And sand is something that we have to contend with around here as our race track is in the desert and drivers have to make a few laps around it pretty easy and especially if the wind is blowing.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    How tragic. That sandbag lost it's life because of racing. We need to ban all racing.

Were any other inanimate objects killed because of this race?