Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Weber tuning

those are rather expensive Wilwood brakes..... only 3 years old and sure no more than 6K miles......

( i had replaced once the pads )

think i better look for another brand

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Bary,

I use Wilwood brakes and have never had a problem like that with them.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

perhaps they are not BMW compatible ?

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Quote Originally Posted by belgiumbarry View Post
    those are rather expensive Wilwood brakes..... only 3 years old and sure no more than 6K miles......

( i had replaced once the pads )

think i better look for another brand
    Well Norbert it appears that you have problems with one half of one caliper. I would not swap out all of them since this should be an easy issue to fix.

Did this come about after you changed your pads?

i think so... when i placed new pads i didn't see any problem.... they were worn equal. As i was complaining brake performance we installed higher friction types.

just went into garage and still have the old pads.... they are indeed equal "level" .... those Wilwood OEM's pads are thicker.... sure 5 mm more friction material. After 3K miles ??? they were as "new".... so must be alot "harder" than the latest high friction ones i installed...

perhaps those are so soft and prone to unequal pressure ??
    Last edited by belgiumbarry; 11-29-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Cobra/Engine
    Pad composition should not have any bearing on the pressure.

Think we have a miss understandment John... well, no big deal . We will see....

and today... i was Lucky in a auction ! ...i hope... didn't see the car , only pics. It's a blue BMW 2800CS from 06/'70 , so a few chassis #'s later than my red one ( 02/'70 ) . It's a recent US import , but as i see the speedo in km's/h it may be a euro car ever imported to the US. Hope to find out... next Friday i may collect the car.

Why ? well, i have read that next year the VAS ( kind of national legal race organisation ) will demand OEM cars in the VAS regularity rallys .... it is sure about OEM engine, steering and brakes.... so we are ****ed with the red one ! which is alot modified.

so due the new rules i will use in 2018 2 cars.... red if allowed, blue if needed OEM.....

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by belgiumbarry View Post
    Think we have a miss understandment John... well, no big deal . We will see....

and today... i was Lucky in a auction ! ...i hope... didn't see the car , only pics. It's a blue BMW 2800CS from 06/'70 , so a few chassis #'s later than my red one ( 02/'70 ) . It's a recent US import , but as i see the speedo in km's/h it may be a euro car ever imported to the US. Hope to find out... next Friday i may collect the car.

Why ? well, i have read that next year the VAS ( kind of national legal race organisation ) will demand OEM cars in the VAS regularity rallys .... it is sure about OEM engine, steering and brakes.... so we are ****ed with the red one ! which is alot modified.

so due the new rules i will use in 2018 2 cars.... red if allowed, blue if needed OEM.....
    Waffle head!!!!

This is very exciting!

Well........................ not really.

But I hope you get the Beemer regardless.

By the way, you know they come without turn signals.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

haha, Nomad, didn't know you were aware of that joke about BMW 's... drivers..... populair in europe. But , they sadly exist ....

nothing particular, i have had Always BMW's for daily and racing , now for 40 years... so most tech knowlegde,parts and good resources... and after all, them are good cars !

Cobra/Engine
    What kind of idoit are you Nomad?

You can't even spell WaffleHead correctly.

This is the 2800CS i "won" at the auction in Holland .... seems OK to me. I had the winning bid of 20.700 euro ... and happy the car had reached reserve. Still wonder if there will be some minor points.... ?? Prices here are "crazy" high ... for a good one they ask 40K easely.... or 20K for a wreck.

So , i'm excited what to find Friday, collecting the car ...

Engine and gear box is not that important , we find that here alot as out of the many 635csi types. I just hope for a solid body....

PS the seats , half leather/half fabric are worn... but i still have a perfect all leather set out of the rally car ! and both black.... so that was already a plus point ...

blauw8.jpgblauw.jpg
    Last edited by belgiumbarry; 12-03-2017 at 04:43 AM.

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Barry,

That looks really great. One of the most beautiful production cars offered. I hope you just finish the restoration and drive it. Fantastic car.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Barry,

That car looks as if it is already in great shape and should not be to hard for you to finish it to what you want. The engine bay looks very clean and I really like the lines of the car.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

thanks James ! and indeed yes, the car has alot succes on the rallys... those CSL's remain beautifull cars , even after 47 years !!!

without "B" pillars it has a special line....

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    It has always been a very good looking car while most of the other manufacturers were building very ugly cars.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Indeed Ron, that's what i also was thinking.... it is already in good shape or sure cared after.... personally , i have never seen those OEM wheels that nice.... perhaps they were stored and the car driven with aftermarket ones.... who knows ...

blauw9.jpgblauw2.jpg

Cobra/Engine
    Nice car Norbert. Congratulations.

Cobra/Engine
    That is a nice engine bay also. And as Silver said, Congratulations on finding one in this shape.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Nice score!

Form and function combined,

and still after all these years.

I'd gladly take one over two Pontiac Aztecs.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Quizzzz ... why do i have that set already in my garage ?

ignition 002.JPG