Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Weber tuning

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Barry,

That is a good video however you know that Silver will never get up at 4:30 in the morning. Can he watch it later?

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Just more senseless carnage. What will it take to stop this. Maybe I can get PETA to start protesting races.

And you are wrong Ron. I'm usually awake every morning at 4:30.

tomorrow we leave for a week rally in the Pyrenees with the Morgans ….. let you know in case you guys would miss me

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Barry, of course we will miss you. Have a great time and stay safe. Pictures would be nice when you get home.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

No doubt Ron, i come back with many pics. I have bought ( for the first time in my life) a smartphone ….
    i always carried a camera but never used it once on the road…. it was always in the car when i needed it . So that should be better now…..

Tomorrow we drive ( with 2 Morgans ) to Honfleur , saterday further to Rochefort and sunday to Pau where the rally starts on monday with 75 Morgans ! That way we keep day trips around 300 miles…. enough in those little cars

I bought a open bimini top so we can switch with the rain top or drive open. Bimini if to much sun.
    Had a problem with it , seems to create some vacuum in the open window in the back , with exhaust smell in the car . So i converted the exhaust in the back to a side exhaust , just like a Cobra works fine , no more smell !
    Last edited by belgiumbarry; 09-06-2018 at 03:35 AM.

Cobra/Engine
    That sounds good Barry. And that is going to be quite a group of Morgans. Should be a lot of fun. Good luck.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Hey WaffleHead, are you sure it was an exhaust smell and not yourself?

And have a great time Norbert. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

well Silver at first i doubted. So i took 3 showers and 4 parfume baths but the test after was the same smell. So i blamed the car.

I had a '70 Corvette with removable rear window. I know they made it fix the later build years due exhaust gases in de cabin. Must be a vacuum zone. With the Morgan i had it the most when decelerating.
    I first tried a exhaust tip of which i welded the end shut down and cut a opening on the bottom ( pic)… same problem. Side exhaust is the solution ! My (ex) Morgan GTN was already that way from factory.

SAM_2538.JPG

back from the rally ...our '89 Morgan +4 did the 2000 miles perfect and the weather was sunny all week ! Great mountain roads with 1001 hairpins. Great organisation, hotels etc. One of my friends had bad luck…. a head gasket the second day ( Morgan V8 ) , lucky he could hire a car to continue the rally. Now tired but happy.

Pics are coming… if i can find out how to copy them from my smartphone....

Cobra/Engine
    Barry,

That is great that you had a good time and everything went well. We will be looking forward to the pictures.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Great news WaffleHead.

I'm still waiting for the nekkid pictures of your wife.

Cobra/Engine
    Great pictures Barry and I really liked this one although the last one of all the cares parked on the green grass was very nice too. Thanks for posting them

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Sure, no nekkid pictures for me but you post sheep for Nomad.

And here all this time I thought you and I were friends, but it's really Nomad that is your friend.

Cobra/Engine
    Superformance / 427 SO
    Great photos Barry. Thanks for sharing.

Ted
    Some people raise the IQ in the room when they enter.......others when they leave

Quote Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
    Sure, no nekkid pictures for me but you post sheep for Nomad.

And here all this time I thought you and I were friends, but it's really Nomad that is your friend.
    don't worry Silver, you are still my friend. Look , i found the perfect car for you ,now that you want the Viper out ….

cfs.jpg

Cobra/Engine
    Barry,

Now that is a classic car for Silver.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Great photo's of a great event!

I've always admired Morgans.

Thanks for sharing.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.