Thread: A Lousy Ticket

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.

Post A Lousy Ticket

I think this was just a chicken sh** ticket. Here I see cars left running with the keys in them every day at our post office and some of them set there for 15 minutes.

https://gma.yahoo.com/michigan-man-p...opstories.html

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    I would have thought that the police might have something better to do with their time.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Well at least he never got shot going into that guy's driveway. But that is a very gray area here. My propriety is posted and unless they have probable cause to come into my driveway, they can't legally do it. In fact when one of them stops to talk to me, they park the squad car out in front of the gates. And the fact they don't give tickets to p[eople that leave vehicles running in parking lots and other places would make it really hard for them to do that in a private driveway.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
    On top of that, according to a recent article, experts now say that warming up an engine results in more wear than just driving away after a minute or so and taking it easy until the engine temp comes up. Whatever, as Jim said, the police should really have better things to do. what BS.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    What if the windows are frosted up. Are you supposed to drive it that way?

Cobra/Engine
    ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
    I guess during the "minute or so" you should use the scraper/brush so you can see where you're going.

Cobra/Engine
    Silver,

The Viper is a convertible. Just put the top down until the windshield thaws out.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    I think this was just a chicken sh** ticket. Here I see cars left running with the keys in them every day at our post office and some of them set there for 15 minutes.

https://gma.yahoo.com/michigan-man-p...opstories.html

Ron
    I agree. He might get his car stolen but I doubt it presented any danger to the public. Chicken sh**. If there real concern is educating the public of their concern, a simple first warning citation should have done just as well.
    I was deplorable before deplorable was cool.

Cobra/Engine
    Dan,

Here he wouldn't be allowed to come on private property to issue a ticket like that.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    ERA Street Roadster with 459 KC FE motor, toploader
    I agree. Now I have to re-tell another of my old codger stories. Someone up the street complained to the police so much about drive through traffic in our neighborhood that the mayor sent police out to stake out the entire neighborhood and ticket everyone who so much as went 1 mph over the limit, didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign, failed to signal, looked cross-eyed at the neighbor dog, etc. Well of course I come home from work and come up to the stop sign, slow to what I remember as being a stop - but apparently I continued a slight roll as I looked in both directions and then turned and drove towards my home. As I roll into my driveway here comes this 20-something cop who follows me right into my driveway with lights flashing and writes me out a ticket for failing to come to a complete stop at the stop sign. I guess he thought he was in hot pursuit. I went - Really? In my driveway? In front of all my neighbors? Cop says - Mr. C, normally I wouldn't write a ticket for this, especially with a clean record, but the mayor said I had to stop every violation and issue a ticket. Oh great - thanks. I appreciate that explanation.

Went to court - virtually the entire neighborhood was there - the line wound all the way out halfway into the parking lot. Got up to the bench and said "Not guilty" and prepared to launch into my tirade about chicken sh** traffic enforcement, property rights, etc. But the Judge spoke immediately and said "See if you can stay out of trouble for 6 months and we will just throw this away." Fortunately I had the presence of mind to shut up and leave.

I think even the original complainer to the mayor finally got a ticket which put an end to things. He was a nut-case. Used to go to the shooting range and put a bunch of rounds into a full size silhouette paper target and then tape it to over his front door. It made a lovely conversation piece for the kids on Halloween. Goofy idiot - finally his wife divorced him and threw him out of the house.

There I feel better again.
    Last edited by DanEC; 01-13-2017 at 05:39 AM.
    I was deplorable before deplorable was cool.

Cobra/Engine
    That is a nice story Dan and if your neighbor had taped that target to his front door here it would now have more bullet holes in it than he put in it.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Hurricane HM 2006 / FE & Toploader
    Way back in the 90's I was in the land of Dan and Ron's cousin, I had stopped at a C-store to take a squirt in a not so very dangerous part of Rogers. As I usually did I left my car running. When I came out here stands officer friendly who takes one look at me and ask if this is my car. Of course I acknowledged it was and he set about to explain how irresponsible it was and how much it cost them to investigate auto theft. After he got done with that he declared it was illegal and pulled out his ticket book. That is when I thought it important to add "but sir, my car is locked", shocked he asked if I had actually locked my keys in my car? to which I responded yes and showed him that it was indeed locked. He then became officer helpful thinking I was in need of help.
    As he was digging through a stack of cards mumbling something about a lock service. I made the mistake of pulling out my remote unlocking the car and got a drove away. He was still standing there with a really weird look on his face (really surprised he did not chase me down).

At the time I chalked it up to he had not seen a remote keyless entry.

That bitch Karma got me back a year later however, when I had changed the battery in the car and did not know that it had to be reprogramed again, luckily in had just locked the keys in it (not running).

Cobra/Engine
    FFR 427 S/C Roadster, 302 Ford
    What kind of car was it that needed to be reprogrammed because of the battery switch? Is that some catch to make you go back to the dealer to get it done, as they can hook up a temp battery, while they change the old one?
    I know that often radios need to have the code # punched in if you disconnect the battery, but never heard of that issue with the key.
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

Cobra/Engine
    Bill,

There are several cars that need to have the computer reset if you disconnect the battery. But you can do it yourself.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Generally with the radio it's an anti-theft device that the owner can use or not. I know it was on my C5 Corvette but it was not enabled so I did not have to worry about it.

Hell, I would have paid someone to steal the entire car.