Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Talk@CobraRegistry.com PAY IT FORWARD thread...

The official Talk@CobraRegistry.com PAY IT FORWARD thread...

It's the Holidays so it's time to get in the spirit. And hopefully this thread will live on for a while thereafter, too.

Do you have some parts lying around your garage that you either no longer need or don't really plan to use in the next 20 years? Let's face it...We all hoard stuff thinking we'll find some project for it someday, but the truth be told that it will be our kids sifting through our respective garages well after we're gone asking the question, "Why the heck did Dad hang onto this junk?!?"

Meanwhile, we have many members on this forum that are either trying to assemble a car or are missing a component. So here is how PAY IT FORWARD is supposed to work:

1. You post items that you want to give away on this thread. Pictures are optional.
    2. Recipients must have a valid and immediate use for the part! No exceptions, no profiteering, no "I'm going to post this on FleaBay in a month and make a quick $50!" None of that! You have to be able to use it right away (or at least in the next 30-60 days).
    3. The offering party has the choice to include shipping or place that burden on the recipient (usually the recipient is willing to pay postage).
    4. No warranties are implied, but the item has to have service time remaining on it (for example, valve covers can be cleaned up and rattle canned while bent crankshafts are mostly only useful for making great boat anchors).
    5. First come, first served.
    6. Be honest with yourself. If you need a part at one point, but can offer up another part later on, that is the essence of Pay It Forward.
    7. You can also request parts/components on PIF. For example, you lose the center cap on a Trigo knock-off rim. It's surprising what folks have in their tool boxes. Just be prepared to Pay It Forward someday as part of the deal!
    8. Try to edit your posts to indicate "DELIVERED", "SPOKEN FOR" or "GONE" so that others hitting this thread a couple months from now will know it's gone.

I will get this show started by offering up two items:

(1) an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold for a Ford 351 Windsor block. It had about 12,000 miles on it before I swapped in a different intake. Needs a glass beading to make look like new. Recipient pays actual shipping costs (est. $20-25) and the intake will be shipped inside an Edelbrock intake box.

(2) a one inch thick (1") Moroso 4-hole phenolic carb spacer with extended ARP stud kit. Studs are pictured above. Both used. Fits Holley/Demon square bore carbs. Recipient pays actual shipping costs.
    Last edited by RedBarchetta; 12-24-2011 at 07:01 AM.
    -Dean

"...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

Good for you!
    What an excellent Thread!
    I don't believe that I can be of assistance, but I really hope those that can do!

Cheers
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Dean,

I am going to make the thread a sticky so it will always be near the top. Hope that you don't mind.

Ron

Awesome Ron....and at the right time of the year....well done Sir!
    "He Who Dares-Wins"

Quote Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
    .....while bent crankshafts are mostly only useful for making great boat anchors).
    I have a bent boat anchor, that is only now useful as a crankshaft, if anyone wants it..

Seriously though, it is a really good idea! It has been done on the FF cars builders web forum for quite some time, and can help both new builders, and those wanting to clean up their shop.
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Ron77 View Post
    Dean,

I am going to make the thread a sticky so it will always be near the top. Hope that you don't mind.

Ron
    Not at all, Ron. I think that's a great idea to ensure max visibility.
    -Dean

i took part in the one the "other" site had going and got a Cobra air cleaner from Rodney....thanks again Rodney.....i dont have anything now but will scour the garage and see what turns up....thanks Ron

Banned
    WOW!! There is a group I belong to for my (semi) local area called Free Cycle http://www.freecycle.org/ It is available to almost every area you can think of. I joined because I have so many fine treasures that really aren't worth much or aren't worth selling because of the distances to where we live. It's a great organization.

I would feel kinda guilty here as I need so much stuff for my build that I could probably use almost anything for the basic build. I'm going to sit down and figure how much of the stuff I really don't need and am just rat-holing and put that stuff up here.

Right now, I really NEED a set of worn out tires if anybody has any.

Great idea!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by king kong View Post
    brand new vdo gauges p.n. 600 927 p.n. 333 708 tach parts listed less than 1/2 price $180.00
    zap!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Redmt; 12-22-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Original post deleted. Situation corrected.
    Last edited by RedBarchetta; 12-22-2011 at 01:13 PM.
    -Dean

For item's that do have $$ value, can we offer a trade? darren

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    I think trades can be considered fair game as well. The primary intent is to offer freebies and help others. But two people can help each other with a non-cash swap, too. Maybe the swaps are better handled in the For Sale section (indicating such in the subject/heading)?
    -Dean

Kongs post should have been put in the Classified Ads Forum. I will PM him and ask him to edit the post or I can move it into that Forum.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    I have a bent boat anchor, that is only now useful as a crankshaft, if anyone wants it..

Seriously though, it is a really good idea! It has been done on the FF cars builders web forum for quite some time, and can help both new builders, and those wanting to clean up their shop.
    That's funny Bill, I have a crankshaft that would make an excellent boat anchor!
    Cheers
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    NO!! He posted it up in the freebie forum and I want 'emtantrumtantrum (I hope that comes off as funny as I intended?):crazy

Wrong place for gauges. Sorry for the confusion.
    HORSEPOWER IS GOOD-MORE IS BETTER-TOO MUCH IS JUST RIGHT.

rustybob - glad to have helped.

I'd like to contribute this time but RedB cleaned out my garage!
    Last edited by rodneym; 12-22-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
    rustybob - glad to have helped.

I'd like to contribute this time but RedB cleaned out my garage!
    I might re-gift those jack stands...stay tuned. LOL
    -Dean

haveing just moved back to Cali. i got rid of a lot of stuff before i moved.....

I have a brand new "mid plate" for a Ford 351w up for shipping.

PM me if you're interested,

Pat
    Last edited by UpStateCobraGuy; 12-23-2011 at 10:28 AM.
    4630RD Explorer 302, Holley SA570, FRPP B-cam, 4 to 4's, 3 Link, Bullitt wheels, Baer Brakes, 3.73 gears, HD T-5, I2 wiring, Koni Coilovers, Classic Gauges. Jaguar Racing Green w/ Silver stripes

PM me if you live in Upstate New York. Get added to the "Upstate Cobras" email list. 40+ members!