Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 209

Thread: The official Talk@CobraRegistry.com PAY IT FORWARD thread...

  1. #21
    Senior Member RedBarchetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,256
    SHIPPED TO AC BILL!
    Auto-darkening welding helmet. Solar powered recharging cell.

    -Dean
    Last edited by RedBarchetta; 01-04-2012 at 06:48 PM.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Antonio Valley Ca
    Posts
    5,698
    Cobra/Engine
    Contemporary 428
    I have a Mirror 105 D4TE block that is bored to 4.130 I'll put up. It has .08 taper. I'm not going to spend the $$ to have it sonic tested so If anybody wants it B4 it heads to China, come and get it.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Scotts Valley, CA
    Posts
    463
    Cobra/Engine
    Track-Ready JBL Competition Roadster, Gessford All Aluminum DART 427 SBF Race Motor
    Not much to offer ...
    But I have an ERA 289 Manual I bought from ERA in 2010 - during the investigation process. I intend to honor the agreement that this purchase was most likely not intended for future mass distribution. IMO, ERA (or any replica manufacturer) charging for a manual so potential buyers can learn more about their product is total BS. I will send the Manual to the 1st who requests it (.pdf file) and then delete the file from my hard drive. What the recipient does with it is his business.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Antonio Valley Ca
    Posts
    5,698
    Cobra/Engine
    Contemporary 428
    Quote Originally Posted by JBL HEAT View Post
    Not much to offer ...
    But I have an ERA 289 Manual I bought from ERA in 2010 - during the investigation process. I intend to honor the agreement that this purchase was most likely not intended for future mass distribution. IMO, ERA (or any replica manufacturer) charging for a manual so potential buyers can learn more about their product is total BS. I will send the Manual to the 1st who requests it (.pdf file) and then delete the file from my hard drive. What the recipient does with it is his business.

    Send it please. I will guard it with my life and only loan it to people that promise to return it. john.chamorro1@gmail.com

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Antonio Valley Ca
    Posts
    5,698
    Cobra/Engine
    Contemporary 428
    I have an engine stand I'll offer up. I've got 2 and the last motor I had on it was a 258 6cyl jeep engine and it was a little tippy. I'm going to rebuild the other one to make it a little more stable.

  6. #26
    Senior Member AC Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island BC Canada
    Posts
    6,327
    Cobra/Engine
    FFR 427 S/C Roadster, 302 Ford
    Wow Dean, I'd love that welding helmet! My ancient, dark lens, one I have, is terrible to work with. Not sure what the postage costs may amount to though..might be less expensive to buy one locally. If you PM me your zip, and the approx weight, I could check with USPS first.
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Scotts Valley, CA
    Posts
    463
    Cobra/Engine
    Track-Ready JBL Competition Roadster, Gessford All Aluminum DART 427 SBF Race Motor
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmt View Post
    Send it please. I will guard it with my life and only loan it to people that promise to return it. john.chamorro1@gmail.com
    On it's way, let me know if not received.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Antonio Valley Ca
    Posts
    5,698
    Cobra/Engine
    Contemporary 428
    Quote Originally Posted by JBL HEAT View Post
    On it's way, let me know if not received.
    GOT IT!! THANKS!!
    John

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Scotts Valley, CA
    Posts
    463
    Cobra/Engine
    Track-Ready JBL Competition Roadster, Gessford All Aluminum DART 427 SBF Race Motor
    my pleasure

  10. #30
    Senior Member RedBarchetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    Wow Dean, I'd love that welding helmet! My ancient, dark lens, one I have, is terrible to work with. Not sure what the postage costs may amount to though..might be less expensive to buy one locally. If you PM me your zip, and the approx weight, I could check with USPS first.
    92886. I will weigh it, but it's not that heavy (more bulky/oversize than anything...it might weigh 3 pounds?). I'll also scour my garage for a suitable box.

    FYI. Harbor Freight occasionally has these on sale (with coupon) for around $40. Add freight and/or taxes and it becomes a $55-60 helmet.
    -Dean

    "...tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

  11. #31
    Moderator James Stern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Posts
    8,844
    Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    I have a set of VDO gauges that came out of my Cobra. Speedo 3 3/8 you'll need a hall sensor, oil, water temp, volts and clock all 2 1/8" I will try to get the wiring loom out sometime this spring.

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Antonio Valley Ca
    Posts
    5,698
    Cobra/Engine
    Contemporary 428
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stern View Post
    I have a set of VDO gauges that came out of my Cobra. Speedo 3 3/8 you'll need a hall sensor, oil, water temp, volts and clock all 2 1/8" I will try to get the wiring loom out sometime this spring.
    OOH! OOH! OOH! Can I have em? Please? Please?

  13. #33
    Moderator James Stern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Posts
    8,844
    Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Remt, I'm really sorry. I just went out to the garage looking for them and they were already gone. We had tried to sell them before and did not get any takers so my wife had thrown them out. As a mea culpa I would be glad to send you a 60 amp chrome alternator and/or a mustang II right from stub axle. For being stupid I will even pay shipping if you want them. I really apologize for getting too damn old.

    Jim

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Antonio Valley Ca
    Posts
    5,698
    Cobra/Engine
    Contemporary 428
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stern View Post
    Remt, I'm really sorry. I just went out to the garage looking for them and they were already gone. We had tried to sell them before and did not get any takers so my wife had thrown them out. As a mea culpa I would be glad to send you a 60 amp chrome alternator and/or a mustang II right from stub axle. For being stupid I will even pay shipping if you want them. I really apologize for getting too damn old.

    Jim
    I would be glad to pay the freight for a shiny alternator! If my wife threw out some of my treasures,,,,, well I'd pout about it. (In private).

  15. #35
    Moderator James Stern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Posts
    8,844
    Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Redmt, If you want the alternator I will send it to you. It's shiny but I had to replace it with a 100 amp alternator. Also if you are using MSD I cab sent those bits as I have gone to Pertronics.

    Jim

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Antonio Valley Ca
    Posts
    5,698
    Cobra/Engine
    Contemporary 428
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stern View Post
    Redmt, If you want the alternator I will send it to you. It's shiny but I had to replace it with a 100 amp alternator. Also if you are using MSD I cab sent those bits as I have gone to Pertronics.

    Jim
    PM sent..........

  17. #37
    Moderator James Stern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Posts
    8,844
    Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    John, Got it and responded. Let me know what other bits you are looking for.

  18. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    San Antonio Valley Ca
    Posts
    5,698
    Cobra/Engine
    Contemporary 428
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stern View Post
    John, Got it and responded. Let me know what other bits you are looking for.
    It would be easier to tell you what I have. It's a much shorter list. I've got most of the BIG parts. Now I need all the small parts. Exterior and interior.

  19. #39
    Moderator James Stern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wilmington, De
    Posts
    8,844
    Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    I will root around before I send the box.

  20. #40
    Senior Member KING Nomad nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hornby Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    20,367
    Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Quote Originally Posted by James Stern View Post
    I will root around before I send the box.
    That's funny James Stern, as I too am looking for a box!
    Coincidence .......... or what?
    So if you could just send the box, that would be great!
    I'll await further instructions.
    Standing by to stand by.

    Cheers
    SEE MY ALBUM

    "When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."



    "She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

    My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •