Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welocme to Matty

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF

Welocme to Matty

Please join me in welcoming matty (Matt) from Australia. Here is what he sent to me.

Hi There Jim I stumbled across the cobra website whilst researching which headers will fit my 69 ford cobra 428 cj

fastback ( still no joy on the headers) i was hoping someone on the site may be of help, by the way my car is a 1of1 candy apple red fairlane cobra

regards Matt
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Matty,

Welcome to the site and I see that you have a Fairlane Cobra also. Please post some pictures and tell us about it. Do you have the R code or Q code engine?

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Cobra/Engine
    Now own just a lowly Viper
    Welcome aboard Matty.

Get ahold of Stan Johnson and see if he can help you out with some headers.

http://www.galaxieclub.com/FordPower...owertrain.html

Thanks for the warm welcome ,much appreciated . I imported the cobra from Massachusetts about 6 months ago it is a Q code but does have a R code bonnet scoop (dont know how that happened ) she is in very good nick 62K on the clock and a 1 of 1 . as soon as I figure out how to post pics I will, thanks for the info on the headers I will enquire. I don't know much about the ford cobra as a whole but I am finding lots of info on the net hope I can learn more from this site.6 months ago I didn't know they existed but I am very pleased they do.
    God bless Henry.

Matt

Cobra/Engine
    KCC 241, 408C, FMX transmission
    Welcome Matt! ==)

Looking forward to seeing the pics of your car.

Here are a few simple steps to post pictures from another link/site in this Forum;

It's relatively simple once you get the hang of it:

- Go to the opened photo/image you want to post
    - Right click on the photo and select "COPY IMAGE ADDRESS/LOCATION"
    - Now go to the reply section in our Forum where you want to insert them image
    - In the option ribbon above, select the small "insert image icon"
    - You then get two options, one is from 'your computer', and the other is 'from URL'
    - If your image is from the interweb site like Photobucket, Shutterfly, Flickr etc., then select "from URL" tab
    - In the URL link line, right click and paste the 'image address/location' which you initially copied
    - Un-check the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box, and click OK
    - Post your reply

You can also create your own Album in the main Album tab, and after adding pictures into the album, follow the same steps.

Hope it helps.
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Attachment 1651369 cobra.jpg Hope this works I think my pics are too large but I will keep trying

cobra.jpgcobra marti.jpg this pic is the cobra still in Mass.

Cobra/Engine
    1965 289 bored .030 over
    Looks nice! Welcome aboard.

Cobra/Engine
    1969 NASCAR Cobra, 428SCJ engine bored .065 and sonic tested and balanced and blue printed.
    Matt,

That is a very nice Cobra. And I never saw one that came with the 428 decal on the front fender like that before. Do you have a picture of the rear end of the car? Mine had the chrome splash strips down the side below the door and between the front and rear fenders. Also in the center of the chrome strip across the back of mine where the 69 Torinos had a gas cap mine has an aluminum Cobra in the center of that big round chrome piece instead of the decals that I have seen on other cars. And does yours have the finned aluminum valve covers with the snake cast into the center of them?

Ron
    Last edited by Ron77; 04-09-2017 at 04:14 PM.
    MY ALBUMS

I think the 428 on the front is one of the previous owners addition its gold leaf if you look carefully at the front of the bonnet you will notice it has some pinstripping it also has the same on the boot/trunk also from previous custodian it has the finned rockers and an aluminium intake manifold ( I think PI) the rear has the fairlane emblem in the big round thing. It has the 3 spoke rimblow wheel ,the clock and radio still work.

Cobra/Engine
    Can Am Cobra. No Kit, no donor. Buck Kinney BBC Stroker Race Engine
    Drop dead gorgeous!

A beautiful survivor.
    SEE MY ALBUM

"When I find the time, I'm going to sit down and write the social history of bourbon."

"She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up"

My goal in life is to have a psychiatric disorder named after me.

Cobra/Engine
    Matt,

Then you are ahead of me. I didn't want the clock and the radio never did pick up much but engine noise. No matter what I tried to filter it out, I could only get a few stations clear. My tach was a dealer installed option as he didn't like the ford tachs. Those valve covers are worth a lot. I have been offered $600 for mine but won't sell them. I was also offered $1,800 for the ram air setup but Ford won't let them make reproductions of this particular one and I am not about to sell it.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    CRII with 331 SBF
    Matty,

A really fine bit of automotive art. More pictures please.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

I will post more when I figure it out ( I cant seem to post the ones taken in Oz, the ones posted are from the US) I might have lucked out but because it has a R code scoop on a Q code car the seller sent both setups with the car both complete he also put a new nodular centre in the car an sent the original in the boot, although the housing is not original ,it has a 67 fairlane GT housing for some reason but I will track down a correct housing from somewhere, she really is a very nice car with awesome power I would think the back tyres really don't like me

Cobra/Engine
    Matt,

I posted a couple of pictures of mine in the test thread that is located in the Lounge. They just show it from the front and back. And you are correct that those tires weren't very good as they just didn't have the traction back then that the newer ones do but I still have the originals on my car. I won't even try to drive it if the streets are damp.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Cobra/Engine
    Matt,

I saw this while browsing You Tube. It is a Q code car but yours has much more desirable options such as the consul and bucket seats and floor shift. This one also has air conditioning which they told me they wouldn't put that in on mine when I ordered it, not that I wanted it anyway.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Thanks Ron that's a very nice car

Cobra/Engine
    CSX6022, navy blue, vintage 427 side oiler
    Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    I will post more when I figure it out ( I cant seem to post the ones taken in Oz, the ones posted are from the US) I might have lucked out but because it has a R code scoop on a Q code car the seller sent both setups with the car both complete he also put a new nodular centre in the car an sent the original in the boot, although the housing is not original ,it has a 67 fairlane GT housing for some reason but I will track down a correct housing from somewhere, she really is a very nice car with awesome power I would think the back tyres really don't like me
    Maybe the pics from Oz will post better if you turn them upside down.

[At least without more pics].

Cool car.
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games." - Ernest Hemingway

www.partskeeper.com
    (Place to find parts, keep part #'s & torque specs)

IMG_3751 (1)_opt.jpg Thanks dcdoug what do u know it workedS)%