Thread: New memder

New memder

Hi all,
    My name is Bob and I just rescued an FFR mark 1 orphan. This car looks exactly like it did the day it was picked up from the factory. I have every thing to assemble the car including the donar parts needed. My hope is to change a few things along the way but that's for the buildings thread,so for now I hope to learn a lot from the community here.
    Thanks, Bob
    Last edited by Bob 5.0; 04-11-2017 at 05:32 PM.

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Welcome aboard Bob.

And we really like pictures here. Especially Nomad since he cannot read.

Welcome Bob,
    Plenty of FFR's on this forum.
    Charles

Welcome Bob! ==)

Carl's FFR build thread is probably one of the most comprehensive build threads I've ever read, so you should get some very valuable information there.

Looking forward to following your build journey!
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Welcome Bob I look forward to following your build.

Welcome Bob. You are the 1000th member. Normally I do a starter thread but you did it for me. Thank you and again, welcome.
    The one line never heard in Heaven "Gee! I wish I had spent a little more time in the office."

Welcome aboard Bob. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your build as it progresses. How long was the FFR an orphan before you rescued it?

Bob,

Welcome and I am looking forward to your build thread and pictures. What engine are you going to put in your car and do you race any or just enjoy the car for driving? If you race some then read Morris's build thread as he really explains setting a car up and everything that he did to his.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

Thanks guys, the car has sat since 2001 , I'm going to use a 302 sbf and I'm not going to race it but just have fun. I look forward to reading all the build threads and I will post lots of pictures as soon as I start my build .

It's good that you can start fresh on it, and not have to worry about what someone else may have already done, as if it was a partially finished roadster.
    I'm sure the MKI is not that much different then my MK3.1, so I might be able to offer some advice if needed.
    Fast at any speed-Cobra

Bob,

Welcome to our merry band of misfits and social outcasts. Great to see another FFR here as well.

The folks on this forum are a great help with building one of these beasts ... lots of good feedback and ways for you to reach into your pocket and spend more cash.

Where are you located?

Carl
    From the Olde Goat Garage

Building an FFR Mk 4 Roadster
    347 Stroker with EFI, SA T5, IRS
    Kit Arrived: 10/25/2012
    Build Started: 4/8/2013
    Rolling Chassis and Engine/Transmission Installation: 8/23/2015
    Go Kart: 3/26/2016

Another deadline not met ... so it will just get done sometime soon

Click this link to see my albums (http://talk.cobraregistry.com/album.php?u=1201)

GROUCHY FUC***G OLD APE Silverback's Avatar
    Prescott AZ. Far from the Festering Crap Hole
    Hey, who are you calling a social outcast???

Just because Facebook would not let me join does not mean anyt.....................

Never mind, your are correct Carl.

I'm in Wisconsin richfield to be exact

Welcome to our merry band of misfits and social outcasts. Great to see another FFR here as well.

The folks on this forum are a great help with building one of these beasts ... lots of good feedback and ways for you to reach into your pocket and spend more cash.

Where are you located?

Carl[/QUOTE]

Welcome. An untouched MKI is must be record. My Type 65 is untouched and it'll be ten years in about six weeks.

Lots of great car people in Wisconsin. I stole one of them, the BOSS is from Racine.

Kerry,

Yours is taking so long because you procrastinate to much. You know the Gunisses Book of Records doesn't take this kind of thing don't you?

Ron
    MY ALBUMS

When I have some extra time I'll get around to procrastinating.

Kerry,

Bob started his build thread this morning. It looks as if he has about everything that he needs to put his together.

Ron
    MY ALBUMS